Friday, June 20, 2008

A Friday Feast

I’m back from Ontario and am still trying to sort out my thoughts. The trip was wonderful, but childhood memories are frightful liars (more on that later). So, until I sort out said thoughts I will tease you with a Fridays Feast. Feel free to play along.

Appetizer
If you could live on another continent for 1 year, which one would you choose?

Europe – The “Mother Ship” for the company my husband works for is in Grenoble, France and further down his career line there is always the chance of being transferred. His other choice would be Laverne, Tennessee. No offense to Laverne, but France sounds way more exciting for a year.

Soup
Which browser do you use to surf the Internet?

Firefox - unless I click on the wrong button and then it’s Explorer. Matters not really, one is as good and confusing as another.

Salad
On a scale of 1-10 (with 10 being highest), how much do you know about the history of your country?

5 – Growing up we had a lot of American History shoved down our thoughts. I learned all the states and their capitals long before I learn our own Canadian Provinces/Territories and Capital. It’s a cryin’ shame.

Main Course
Finish this sentence: Love is…

Love IS having to say you’re sorry. It’s absolutely impossible to go through life without hurting someone you love. We don’t do it intentionally, but it happens and we need to say “I’m sorry” sometimes.

Dessert

Have you ever been in or near a tornado?

Not in the Wizard of Oz kind of way, but in the Prairies and in Ontario you get the kind of winds that bring tornados. I’ve often seen little teasers touchdown, the thanks be to God I’ve never experiences the full fledged sort.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

My eighteenth birthday was very memorable. We had a tornado touch down where I lived and Ronald Reagan was shot. March 30, 1981. That's just a little useless trivia for you.
I've been working through some childhood memories/truths myself. You wouldn't think that something that happened 40+ years ago would affect you now...but it does.
Hugs!

Anonymous said...

How are you Miss Mugwhump! I am still waiting for you to update about your trip. I hope you had a good time. :) You need to come online soon so we can have a little chat and catch up. How are T and the kitties? Things are going well over here, all done school now! Talk soon!

linds