Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Playing Catch Up and Dreaming

What a duzey of a month behind us, and I sure knew when October 1st hit. But it's already the 8th. What happened?

People don't believe me (least of all new staff members) that when September 1st hits you start running and don't stop. I've lost count of the times our new receptionist has told me recently that she had 'no idea it would be like this ....' her voice trailing off, and a deer caught in the headlights look in her eyes.

I'm happy to report that the sparkle is returning, and the glazed over tired look has come over mine. But it's all good. I'm on holidays starting Saturday for the next two weeks. I'm on tidy up mode, and what info do I need to pass on mind-set. I've been busy today and can finally see the Spongebob Squarepants place mat that I keep on my desk. A joyous yellow smile to behold.

I've also been checking the weather in Orlando on a daily basis, and although it looks like we're heading into rain and thunderstorms (yay! I love to watch lightning) the average temperature has been in the 80's. So what if we get wet. It still beats the Winnie-the-Pooh blustery days we've been having here!

Three more sleeps and one long plane ride .....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I hear you on the being so busy thing. That is what it is like around these parts lately. I can't believe it has already been almost a month and a half of school and Ben's training is well on the way. He is training right here at home, which is goo that he doesn't have to go away. When do you leave for your trip??