Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Finally Comin Up For Air

Where did the last week go? Oh My-Lanta!!!

I had the best intentions of checking in with you all and wishing you the best Easter possible. But you know what the say ..... "the road to hell is paved with good intentions!"

As it turned out my parcel from Amazon.ca arrived on Thursday. (I adore Amazon.ca. They satiate my need to purchase). The complete hardcover set of the Twilight Saga - 4 volumes.

It was at that moment that the postal man handed off my parcel to me that I KNEW beyond a shadow of doubt what I'd be doing for my 4 day long weekend. I was not coming up for air until the final page of book 4 was finished.

I began book 3 on Thursday night (only 40 ages or so), continued on Friday morning only stopping to fuel up my mortal body with food briefly at lunch and then again at dinner (and of course I stopped long enough to attend our church Good Friday service), but by this time I had consumed all but a remaining 100 pages. I finished the last pages on Saturday morning, and held off beginning the final book for a couple of hours. I was, by this time, bordering on a headache from forgetting to refocus and occasionally breath. But my appetite was too strong and I dived back in.

I did manage to pace myself a little better and took two and a bit days to get through the last tome. Finally, at 11am on Monday morning I lay the series to rest. With a sigh of resignation I said goodbye to the Cullens and Forks, Washington.

My husband thinks I'm a total nut case, but ... he knew what he was getting into when he married me.

My next adventure awaits, but I don't think I'll be able to get Bella, Edward, or Jacob out of my mind for a while. And that's ok!

6 comments:

Good Timing said...

Ahh, the Twilight saga. I will admit I enjoyed the first novel and then found the rest kind of went downwards on a slippery slope... But good for fluff!

Captain Poolie said...

I read the first one and that was it for me. I feel like a traitor because most everyone else loved the series. But then again, I am weird.

Purple Cow said...

OK, you are getting me interested...I will put it on my "to read" list. Its great when you get so engrossed in books. What an escape!

JD at I Do Things said...

I enjoyed the Twilight saga despite my initital skepticism.

I read the first one on vacation; it was the perfect vacation book. After that, I was hooked and wanted to know how the story played out.

It's a quick and entertaining read!

The Bumbles said...

Nope. I refuse. I'm a Twilight snob. But I have seen enough to know that I would be on Team Jacob - he's much hotter to me.

Your "Oh My-Lanta" made me laugh. It also reminds me of the two Cowboys on The Amazing Race who constantly say "Oh My Gravy" whenever they are shocked about something. So hokey and yet endearing at the same time.

Elizabeth A. said...

I know exactly how you feel about Amazon. I have three books of a series I love ordered, but one is pre-ordered and because I'm cheap on some things (I hate paying S&H) I have to wait for them all. I got an email today informing of the Pre-order price guarantee and I got so excited. They'll be here soon and I'll own them all!!