Friday, October 19, 2007

For Fans of "The Golden Compass"

(This is my second entry of the day. Make sure to update yourself on my continued travel antics.)

I've been reading my way through the Philip Pullman series "His Dark Materials". I'm on the last of the books, and am so looking forward to the first book "The Golden Compass" coming out in movie form for Christmas. I heartily recommend this series to young and old readers alike. A very jaunty adventure of a young girl, her daemon, alternate universes, and the age old battle of good vs. evil.

If you take this quiz, drop me a line and let me know what your daemon turned out to be.



P.S. - For those who were wondering - my hubby finally received his offer for the new job. We are both excited and feel that God has been behind everything. Even to the point of the day he went into his present job to give notice. His two bosses both gave him affirmation, but warned him that they would be coming to get him back when they got a big contract they've been waiting for. This was a huge relief to me, and a God answer to prayer.

Hubby starts at the new place on November 5th. Yay!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am glad you had such a nice time in Jasper and that everything was so lovely, albeit cold! And thank you for thinking of me, that was so nice of you!!
YAY for T's new job, I can't wait to hear more about it and I really hope it will all work out well for you.
Love the Golden Compass post, I am excited for the movie, because I thought the book was really interesting!