Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Headlines

I am not one to blog about the headlines .... but I'm going to this time.

I have been glued to the news regarding the fires in California. A very dear friend of mine here has family that has been evacuated. They are safe, but at this point no one knows if there home is.

I can not imagine the sense of loss one must experience when everything you own is burned to the ground. Yes, I realize that we are more than the sum of our parts (or belongings), but as I look around my home at the memories, mementos, my cats .... I am deeply saddened.

I did read today that our Canadian water bombers have gone down to give assistance, but in part if feels too little, too late. On the other hand, anything that can be of assistance at this point must be a positive.

They are in my prayers, and in specific - I pray for a change in the weather/wind.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm in Los Angeles now,and they're all talking about the fires. Apparently LA is surrounded by these hot zones. LA doesn't seem very affected by it though. Clear skies, though a little hazy.

They also say that there's no way it's a natural occurance but are all caused by arson.

One of the arsonists is a young boy. They're thinking of charging him.