Monday, September 10, 2007

Moody, Monstrous, Muggwhumpy Monday

I am SOOOOO blessed!!

Yet I'm feeling negative, tired, and down. Mostly tired. It was a busy weekend, after an extremely busy week. Our church had our annual "Open House" yesterday after service. Lots of people and chit-chatting, questions, direction pointing, introducing, etc... etc ... etc.

It was my job to man the office and invite people in to have a look around. I found it rather funny that people had one of two reactions to coming in the office:

Very tentatively - - "Can I really see the office!!" with almost awe and wonder plastered on their faces. I never really realized that the office held such mystery and fear.

or conversely:
"Where's Pastor J's office, I and want to take a souvenir", or "Does Pastor A keep candy in his desk?".


Who knew people could be so strange about a church office?

Speaking of our church office - - - is anyone interested in coming in to be my holiday relief from October 4th to 14th? I promise it'll be easy, and the pay is not that bad. I can't find anyone yet. I don't know what I'll do if I can't. Part of me thinks these folks should just fend for themselves, but the part of me that has a work ethic thinks it wouldn't be fair or nice to do that. So I suspect I won't.

God will supply - right!?

Anyway - TTFN. I'll be posting a new picture on Wednesday. Then I can actually have a "Wordless Wednesday" like Christine sometimes does. I've always wanted to play, but never had a picture to post.

But you'll have to wait.

Blessings - LJ

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Can't wait to see your Wordless picture!

I've got a great one ready!

Thanks for the mention. :)