Friday, September 19, 2008

Weeks End

A new sound is audible to my ear …..

The collective sighs of many Monday to Friday, 9-5 workers across the world as we embrace Friday!

There are some who would think that I live for Fridays, but it’s simply not true. I just appreciate the true value of the end of the week after a very busy one. I love my work, and you will not convince me otherwise.

I do feel that life (new responsibilities at work, and a new Ministry year) is falling into its newly developing routine. I thrive in semi structure, structure with some flexibility. The learning to accept “flexibility” in contrast to structure has been years in the making. That’s what working for a church will do for you. Or at least to phrase that more aptly …. working for this particular church.

It’s all good.

I’ve had a good week all in all. Fiscal year end stuff is the quagmire of life, a necessary evil as it where, and in the middle of it I am. This is what is partially consuming my work day.

I was told yesterday by a fellow co-worker – with all the staff changes that have gone on here over the last couple of years, it was decided that I am the “brain trust” on staff. They are trusting my brain to remember the who’s, what’s and where’s of this place. A very scaring thought for me. But what I find almost scarier is that I actually know the answers most of the time. Wild!

In the home front we are typically low keyed. As you can see from previous entry’s you’ll read that I’ve acquired a new toy for my hobby. It’s loads of fun, and I have high hopes for extracurricular crafting accomplishments. I am (almost) ashamed to admit that while I sat in church service last Sunday I was planning out our Christmas card. For shame, but I hope the vision comes to fruition none-the-less.

Our weekend is hopefully continuing on a quiet note. The weather tells us that rain is coming (for the first time in several weeks), which leads me to hope for completing a number of in house items. But you never know, what I set out to do is rarely where I end up - at least on the home front that’s how it goes down.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy Weekend! Enjoy your new crafting tool, sounds like many a good craft and card will be made with the new item! I must say i am excited for my christmas card from you!!! LOL.
Did you decide what to do about your hair??