Saturday, June 9, 2007

Patience is a virtue

Daisy is coming along. She actually purred for me last night. I was so excited. Funny how small things amuse us.

For a while there I was seriously considering renaming Daisy to "Hiss-n-spit-n-bite", but I'm not thinking like that any more.

Our girl Digit is so very curious and well behaved around Daisy. She just wants to be friends with Daisy, but Daisy's not quite ready.

I'm feeling very encouraged, after feeling like I'd made the wrong decision. Daisy is still very skinny, but both hubby and I have noticed that since we've been able to pet her she's taking better care of herself.

All very good signs.

Well, its Saturday morning and its raining - which is kind of a good thing. We still need the rain, and when it rains it encourages me to stay home and be domestic. But on the flip-side - the sun brings out the adventurer in me and I want to feel its warmth on my face.

======

Thanks to Violet for leaving me a note. I seem to have lost many of my D-land friends in my move over here. I was very honoured and pleased to see you found me.

Happy weekend everyone.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You know I am still reading, I was just a little bit behind due to the insanely busy week I had. I love Daisy, she is so cute. I really hope and she Digit willg et on and that it will all work out well. :) I LOVE the sweet peas. i planted some this year in pots, and they are seedlings, but have no flowers yet. I can't wait til the flowers start blooming! I also like the photo idea, that is very fun! I hope you have a great weekend and that the weather continues to be lovely for you. ;)

Anonymous said...

You didn't lose me either! I got a new (to me) computer and hadn't set up my favorites yet. I'm glad your kitty is beginning to warm up to you and your hubby!

Andrea said...

I'm so glad you're on blogspot - I've got your feed on bloglines (I couldn't figure it out before) and I can keep up with you much easier now! Good luck with Daisy - sounds like it's getting better.

Anonymous said...

I'm finally here too - I think I am a diaryland lifer though. ;) Daisy looks pretty content in that picture - but I have my own cat named Daisy who tends to hiss and growl for no apparent reason at anyone (except me) that tries to pet her when she is not ready. When she is ready to be petted, fine. Otherwise, break out the band aids. ;) No one knows the exact petting schedule except Daisy . . . and she's not sharing.

Anonymous said...

I thought I'd lost most of my friends when I changed off blogger. It takes some getting used to a new place.
It's true, I love when my son's cat cries for him to go to bed. I think it's the cutest thing.
Digit's like our cat Leo, when he first moved in my son's cat wouldn't have anything to do with him, but now they are the best of buds. Hope your two get along better soon. I know they will. :)
Hope you are having a great Monday!