Thursday, December 20, 2007

Almost down for the count

It's turned out to be a good thing that I'm 'apathetic' about Christmas (more like pathetic today). You see, I'm sick. It all started with a sore throat on Monday, and worked itself up to a weird head by Wednesday. I went home from work at lunch yesterday and slept until dinner time.

This morning - and keep in mind I'm a receptionist who answers phones - the throat feels better, but I have no voice. Or more aptly put I sound like Kathleen Turner from "Body Heat" (1981). My co-workers are egging me on to talk, just so they can laugh at me. How fair is that?

I laid on my couch last night thinking "I really should be writing in and addressing our Christmas cards." ..... "I really should be wrapping the gifts that are piling up on our kitchen table." ..... "but I don't feel like it".... "So I won't."

This too shall pass. I'm am more than ever thankful that we are not traveling this Christmas, nor are we entertaining. This is an obvious sign to me to slow down, and take care of myself.

Happy Thursday people!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I hope you are feeling better! You need to get better so you can get into the Christmas season! :)