Wednesday, February 13, 2008

They should call them Regressive lenses

I started my usual evening shut down rituals - logging off computers, switching phone to night answer, check in / out board for staff, closing doors, turning off lights .... and I went home for the evening.

I got home and found that I'd locked one of my poor cats in the bathroom for the afternoon. Both of our cats drink out of the bathroom sink - long story. An our young kitten Pirate likes to terrorize our older cat Digit - particularly when she's drinking water from the sink. So, with the best of intentions I thought I would give Digit a little extra peace and quiet and shut her into the bathroom for a few minutes before I went back to work after lunch.

Needless to say, Pirate was quite anxious and talkative when I got home at 4:45 tonight. He kept pacing and trying to lead me to the bathroom. Finally when I clued in, I realized that I had left Digit in the bathroom for the entire afternoon. She was most perturbed, and left me with some extra special gifts.

I cleaned up the 'gift' and gave her much reassurance of my stupidity, apologies, and treats. Then I settled down in the living room to re-group before figuring out what to make for dinner. I turned on the television and was immediately surprised to find the TV scheduling was a little off. Off by an hour actually.

On closer examination of the time ..... the red digital read out was telling me it was 4:10pm, the clock on our fireplace mantle was telling me it was 4:10pm.

OH MY GOODNESS!! I HAD COME HOME EARLY BY AN ENTIRE HOUR, AND I SWEAR I DOUBLE CHECKED ALL THE CLOCKS AT THE OFFICE!!!!

This is when I'm terribly thankful that I live a mere 100 feet from front door to office door, and I scooted my butt back to work to finish up my day.

I'm blaming it on the new glasses. This is day two and I've obviously got a lot of adjusting to do. I wonder why they call them Progressive lenses anyway? Possibly because you move progressively towards early senility.

No comments: