Saturday, July 25, 2009

Good friends, Good conversations

It never ceases to amaze me how good life can look after one gets a full 8 hour nights sleep. I feel better than I have in weeks.

That compounded by a most excellent conversation with a friend last night helped me to realize I'm not crazy, I'm just perimenopausal. My friend is fully menopausal, but as we spoke and shared our experiences I could basically take her story, cut out her and husbands names and insert my own (and hubbies). I felt comforted to know I wasn't alone. AND the fact that husbands just can't understand the hormone battle the rages within us women.

Unfortunately - the symptoms are still very present, but I know to stop looking for the men in white who want to give me a new jacket that does up in the back.

Now .... if I can only explain all this to my husband without getting the eye roll.

2 comments:

Carolyn said...

I work with mostly women my age + up to 10 years older. It's easy to see when one of us is hormonally out of whack. It's nice that we're all there for each other, teasing and cheering each other up. Our superintendant's wife is our age too. He has a HUGE bowl of chocolate in his office. He shares it often. When things get really out of control, he runs out to buy us ice cream bars. He's a smart man!

Good Timing said...

Thinking of you!!!