Friday, May 11, 2007

Friday's Feast

Appetizer

Tell about a time when you had to be brave.

A myriad of moments of big and little bravery’s, but the first one that came to my mind was when I was around 5 or 6 years old. We spent out summers in Southampton, Ontario on Lake Huron, and for the most part – that time was spent on the beach. There was a jetty that went out a fair ways; one side was the calm side and the other side tended to be a bit breezy and a bit rougher. This one particular day the ‘calm’ said was a little more windy than normal, and I found myself swimming very close to the jetty. The undertow was very strong and my wee body was being pulled out into deeper water, and a little close to the jetty for my comfort. My very imaginative young brain could picture all manner of sea creature living in the jetty just waiting for a mid day snack on a little blond haired, blue eyed girl. My tiny tippy toes were quickly loosing ground, and my shouts for help becoming water slogged. In my mind I knew I had to be brave, and that someone would hear/see me. They did, and swam out (although given my height I suspect they only needed to walk to me) and rescued me. After that incident I became to become more tadpole than princess.

Soup

Which upcoming movie are you excited about seeing?

“Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix”! Nuf’ said!

Salad

Name an item you try to always have on hand.

Hand lotion. Not life saving, but it is hand softening.

Main Course

Imagine the most relaxing room you can think of. Now describe it!

I’ve dreamt about this room for years. In essence it would be a glorified library; wall-to-wall shelves full of books, big sunny windows and several comfy chairs, and a soft luxurious couch. A fireplace against one wall, so that in colder winter nights you can curl up and be warm and cozy. It would feel small and intimate when I wanted to be quiet and alone, yet inviting enough for friends to drop by and feel at home. Ahhhh, but my mind relaxed just at the thought.

Dessert

On a scale of 1 to 10 (10 being highest), how spiritual or religious are you?

I consider “Spiritual” and “Religious” to be almost two different things. So for this purpose I will separate them. Regarding “Spiritual “ on a scale of 1-10 I would consider myself to be a 9. For “Religious” I would count myself in a pseudo 3 position.


Discussing the differences between Spiritual and Religious is a topic for another day.

No comments: