Saturday, July 7, 2007

Trails End

The time has come the walrus said
To speak of many things.
Of sailing ships and sealing wax,
Of cabbages and kings.

We're reluctantly packing up and going home today. In part I'm ready to go home, but boy do I hate cleaning and packing up. We've had a great week and we have no regrets. Two very important aspects to holiday time.

Now I need to work on my body's schedule of getting up early again. No more sleeping in.

I miss my bed. I miss my cats. I miss my bathroom and shower. And I think I can safely say that I think I'm ready to go back to work. Although, I did get news that one of our Pastor's has lost his mother-in-law to a massive heart attack. That puts my count up again, but i won't go there.

I must begin the deconstruction of a good week.

God bless,
LJ

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

There's no place like HOME.
Glad you had such a nice Holiday!
Have a safe trip home.

Anonymous said...

Wow, it sounds like you had a great time on your vacation, LJ!! I can't believe that you went to Parksville for your vacation, because guess where Ben and i are going on our honeymoon?! Parksville! We are staying at Tigh-na-mara and it is supposed to be beautiful. You will have to tell me all the great things to do in and around Parksville because now you are the expert. it is sad that you have to pack up and go home, but it sounds like you had an absolutely fabulous time roughing it! Hehe. Enjoy your last day off before back to work!