Monday, July 2, 2007

My Week Off!

We found somewhere to go!!! For a while there I thought I was going to have to stick around the house for my week off - which was not my idea of a good time.

Thankfully, after much phoning around a friend offered the use of their trailer up-island. YAY!!

So, we'll be heading up (a two hour drive) there tomorrow some time, and I can hardly wait. A few days away from the house, work, and life as we know it. I must be at burn out, or very close.

I'm taking my laptop, although I don't know if we'll find a wireless signal, its worth the shot. I've also got a new book, my Nintendo DS, card games, and loads of relaxing on my mind. Just what the doctor ordered. I love Parksville because (as far as I'm concerned) it has the best swimmable beaches on the island. The low tides are way out there and you can walk the beach for miles. And at high tide it never gets too deep. The only part that I'm slightly nervous about is .... me in my bathing suit. Not a pretty picture, but I won't go there.

We will be coming back on Friday, and hopefully Saturday I'll be able to scoot over the Pender Island to visit my girlfriend for a night.

I can already tell that I'm doing better this year (at relaxing) than I did last year in the first couple of days of holidays. Last year I think I cried for the first day or two, this year I've pretty much slept through the first few days. AND - I had a guilt free Sunday of not attending church. I'm sure that the fact I didn't wake up until 11:30, just as church was getting out, had a little to do with it. Bad me, but I also knew that I wouldn't be able to attend and not be 'on duty' so to speak.

But enough about work, and on with the relaxing and rejuvenating!!!

A Happy Canada Day (yesterday) to all my Canadian friends. Don't we look grand for 140 years of Confederation!?! And a very Happy 4th of July (in two days) to all my American friends.

God Bless,
LJ

No comments: